Let’s be honest, trying to eat healthy is one of the hardest things i’ve done. I just love food, okay?!
I’ve been trying to cook healthier meals and we really enjoyed this one! Cutting out smalls things every day is something that has been helping me a lot. How does the saying go? “No matter how slow you’re going, you’re still lapping everyone on the couch”? That’s how I feel in my every day struggles to make healthier choices. EVEN THE LITTLE THINGS COUNT!
Like removing the tortillas from your fajitas. 😉
BEHOLD! FAJITA BOWLS!
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken
- Green & Red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- Crushed red pepper
1. Cook rice according to box/bag. After rice is finished cooking, toss with cilantro and lime to taste. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet and add a drizzle of EVOO. (You can call me Rachel Ray for that)
3. Cook onions for about two minuets or until slightly soft.
4. Add bell peppers to onions and cook until desired softness. Take off heat and set aside.
5. Place chicken in a skillet and sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Cook chicken fully. (I set the peppers on a plate and used to same skillet, but do as you wish.)
6. Add vegetables back in with the chicken to warm up again.
7. Place rice in a bowl and cover with chicken and vegetable mixture.
8. ENJOY YOUR FACE OFF!
We added salsa and El Pato on ours, but again it is just a preference thing! This was a decently fast dish and really delicious! When M goes back for seconds, I consider that a WIN. 😉
Things I might have done different?
I would have cut the peppers in bite sized pieces rather than long strips. Also, I MIGHT have done the chicken in an actual fajita seasoning packet, but it WAS really good just the way I did it. 🙂
What are some of your favorite “fast dinners”?
Do you like Mexican type foods?